Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2014

The Great Phone Wars of 2014

When I thought I was leaving on 8/31/14, I ordered the 'porting' of my home number to my cell phone. As EI and MCS progresses, many people get more sensitive to EMFs (Electro-Magnetic Fields). Since I started college full time in Fall, 2011, I have had to spend so much more time on all these devices, and I can tell it drains and exhausts me. I have my home number on all of my business marketing tools, and didn't want to lose it.

Once  I made the decision to stay put and let the eviction unwind, I started working to stop the porting on September 2nd. It could not be stopped. I spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone that day, talking to people all over the world. I was promised by someone with Century Link that at the very latest, I would have my landline (read LIFEline) back by Thursday, 9/11. That evening it was not on. I spoke to someone in India and the conversation devolved into a temper tantrum. A 'repair' order was place and a person would come to my house on Monday. If he comes in the house, I'm charged $90. I knew it was the porting issue, and nothing with the lines. This land line is important to me. My cell gets terrible reception inside my house, so I have to go out on the patio to get 'one bar.' 

At a yard sale on Saturday I found a cell phone accoutrement that lets me pretend I'm on an old-fashioned phone with receiver! Love my Barbie Phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment